What is it ?
- It is a soft play surface made from recycled solid rubber (SBR) bark like shreds bonded with a resin.
- A simple and environmentaly friendly soft and squashy surface
- It is a cheaper simple alternative to wet pour that meets British safety fall height standatds
- Requires only compacted soil and membrane for sub layer
- Ideally it should go flush to timber edging but could also sink into the ground with no edging.
How it Works !
- The rubber mulch and resin are mixed to gether to a 5:1 ratio
- It is tipped in place and leveled to 40mm or 50mm depth with a trowel
- A 50mm depth provides for a critical fall height safety standand of up to a 1.6 metres
- A 40mm depth provides for a critical fall height safety standand of up to a 1.1 metres
- The trowel is wiped clean with polysolv release agent for its final finish
- After about 6-8 hours of exposure to moisture in the air it will have cured ready to walk on
- The equiment can then be cleaned also using the polysolv
- The coloured mulch arrives on a pallet in 10kg bags with the resin in 25kg kegs and the polysolv in 5 litre tins
- Each square metre at 50mm depth requires 20kg mulch and 4kg resin
- Each square metre at 40mm depth requires 16kg mulch and 3.2kg resin
- Include some extra for the edging and surfaces not absolutely flat
- Mix using a forced action mixer or a paddle mixer and tub for small jobs
- Anchor play equipmet before laying bonded mulch